We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly and experienced team. The role will include all general nursing duties including inpatients and theatre with occasional reception duties if required. The position is Monday to Friday (shifts between the hours of 08:30 - 18:30) plus currently 1:3 Saturday mornings. We are flexible therefore we are happy to tailor days / hours to suit you. Part time applications will also be considered.
The salary for this role is up to £31,000 depending on experience.
We are a single site, friendly, relaxed practice in the middle of The South Downs National Park – a lovely position in Midhurst. There is plenty of parking at the practice due to our spacious location. We are excellently equipped with a brand-new x-ray machine, ultrasound in house laboratory and work to the highest standard of care.
About the Team and Culture
We may be small, but we are mighty - we have an established and knowledgeable team here at Midhurst Vets led by our Practice Manager with over 10 years of experience in the industry. We have a positive, friendly working culture and a can-do attitude in practice. Our focus is to support the clinical development of one another, as well as providing a secure support network for the day-to-day.
We are looking for an RVN ideally with some experience. You will be a team player who can motivate and encourage your colleagues and who enjoys client as well as patient care. An interest in nurse clinics would be an advantage as would a clinical coach qualification.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Megan Dawson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
email@example.com+44 (0) 7977 242 413