We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join our team at Midhurst Vets. With excellent clinical exposure and the autonomy over your own caseload, you will have a varied working day with a mix of surgery and consults.
This is a role that is tailored to fit your needs and we’re open to finding a rota that works for you. We want to help you find your best work-life balance and whilst we have a full-time vacancy, we are very open to discussing more flexible hours to suit you and your commitments and interests outside of work as well as part time opportunities. Your own personal development and progression is important to us and CPD is actively encouraged and funded. If you are looking to study for a certificate, we would be very glad to support you, similarly If you are looking to progress, we can discuss the option of taking on some management responsibilities if this is something that you would be interested in – we are all about finding the right fit for our wonderful team.
Salary of up to £69,000 per annum depending on experience.
Relocation Package – Up to £5k
We are a single site, friendly, relaxed practice in the middle of The South Downs National Park – a lovely position in Midhurst. There is plenty of parking at the practice due to our spacious location. We are excellently equipped with a brand-new x-ray machine, ultrasound in house laboratory and work to the highest standard of care.
About the Team and Culture
We may be small, but we are mighty - we have an established and knowledgeable team here at Midhurst Vets led by our Practice Manager with over 10 years of experience in the industry. We have a positive, friendly working culture and a can-do attitude in practice. Our focus is to support the clinical development of one another, as well as providing a secure support network for the day-to-day.
We are looking for a friendly and dynamic vet who is a team player and client focused. Working within our practice will offer you a wide and varied caseload with plenty of opportunity for surgery and to work up your medical cases and advance your career. In return, we’re looking for a veterinary surgeon who is comfortable with all aspects of first opinion practice and who is comfortable with sole charge.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 per annum CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Megan Dawson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
firstname.lastname@example.org+44 (0) 7977 242 413